The Department of Education, Youth and Sport of the Prince’s Government informs candidates looking to apply for a foreign language development grant for the 2023-2024 academic year that a new online procedure is now available via the MonGuichet.mc portal. This modernisation is the result of a collaboration with the Interministerial Delegation for Digital Transition as part of the Extended Monaco programme.
To obtain a grant, the applicant must:
- Be registered with a secondary or higher education institution;
- Be a Monegasque national, the spouse of a Monegasque national, a foreign dependent of a Monegasque national, a foreign national or an orphan dependent on a civil servant, or a foreign national resident in Monaco for at least ten years.
In order to be eligible, applicants in secondary education must attend an institution in the Principality when they submit their application, and the chosen language must be taught in a public or private educational institution in the Principality of Monaco. For applicants in higher education, the choice of language must be justified by their course.
Types of stay
Students in secondary education may choose from the following:
- Five stays – each lasting between two weeks and two months (outside school time);
- An unlimited number of stays for students who have taken the “International Option”, “Additional English”, and “European Section” courses – each lasting between two weeks and two months.
Students in higher education may choose from the following:
- One or two short stays – each lasting between two weeks and two months;
- One long stay – lasting between two months and one year.
Applications must be made online or submitted to the Department of Education, Youth and Sport (a receipt will be issued), no later than 31 July 2023.
Access to the online procedure
The online procedure is available via the MonGuichet.mc portal, under the Education section –
How to apply for a foreign language development grant.
For more information about the eligibility conditions for this grant: https://monservicepublic.gouv.mc/thematiques/education/allocations-aides-et-bourses/bourses/demander-une-bourse-de-perfectionnement-en-langue-etrangere
Alternatively, it is still possible to apply for a grant by collecting the paper form from the Department of Education, Youth and Sport (Avenue de l’Annonciade, 98000 Monaco) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Source: Government Portal