The Principality’s historical landmarks
- 1297 January 8: François Grimaldi took over the fortified castle by deception and occupied the Rock of Monaco.
- 1911 January 5: Prince Albert I promulgated the first Monégasque Constitution.
- 1962 December 17: Promulgation of a new Monégasque Constitution.
- 1993 May 28: Accession of the Principality to United-Nations membership, as permanent member.
- 1997 700th anniversary of the Grimaldi dynasty.
- 2004 October 5: The Principality of Monaco became a member of the Council of Europe.
- 2005 July 12: Accession of H.S.H. Prince Albert II.
- 2006 June 27: Establishment of the Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation.
- 2010 March 29: Mr. Michel Roger took the oath before H.S.H. Prince Albert II and became the first Minister of State chosen by a Sovereign Prince of Monaco.
- 2010 June 23: Announcement of H.S.H. Prince Albert II’s betrothal with Miss Charlène Wittstock.
- 2011 March 18: Death of Princess Antoinette.
- 2011 1 and 2 July: Marriage of H.S.H. the Prince and Miss Charlène Wittstock.
- 2012 December 17: Fiftieth anniversary of the 1962 Constitution – Throne Room.
- 2013 April 3: Official visit to Monaco by United Nations Secretary General H.E. Mr Ban Ki-moon.
Unlock Members only contents
Our membership offers you access to the member’s only content of the Living in Monaco website. The membership gives you immediate access, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Already a member with a valid subscription?
Monaco residence permit
With 10 years of local experience, we offer unparalleled guidance for new residents in the Principality of Monaco.
We can help you and your family to settle, to find a school, to register your car, and to feel at home in Monaco from the very first day.
Bank account opening
Through our trusted and Government authorised Monaco bank we are able to offer exceptional banking services. It is a unique opportunity to open private, corporate and trust accounts, both for Monaco residents and non-Monaco residents.
We can help you to establish your business in the Principality of Monaco in the most efficient way. We can help you to identify the right corporate structure, to find the desired office space, and to implement your branding and revenue strategy to the local business scenery.
Marketing & Brand awareness
Thanks to our exclusive partners, including the branding and marketing strategists, we can offer you online, printed and luxury television campaigns, reaching our every household and hotels in Monaco.