Marriage in Monaco
Monaco has a special feeling by having the wedding in the same territory where Charlène Lynette Wittstock became the Princess of Monaco. If you are aiming to get married in the Principality of Monaco spring and summer could be ideal seasons to celebrate such a wonderful occasion.
Even if Monaco does not have the typical wedding tourism, its location provides exclusivity for the precious moment. It also has a special feeling by having the wedding in the same territory where Charlène Lynette Wittstock became the Princess of Monaco.
If you are aiming to get married in the Principality of Monaco spring and summer could be ideal seasons to celebrate such a wonderful occasion. The tremendous beauty of Monaco’s gardens make any wedding special and it will enchain all the hearts.
The Princess Grace Rose Garden is an area of calm and serenity where the scent of some 4,000 roses hang in the air. It is a truly romantic place. I would also recommend the Japanese Garden with its zen feeling for a small wedding reception. Monaco is full with other possibilities since it has many historically filled churches and special atmospheres for important occasions.
The primary requirement for foreign citizens to get married in Monaco is to reside in the Principality for at least 30 days prior to the wedding.
Furthermore every wedding must be preceded by a publication through an announcement. This announcement is posted on the door of the Town Hall for a period of 10 days, which must include two Sundays.
The following documents are to be submitted:
- Certificates of birth of the couple to be married or an attested affidavit issued by a Justice of the Peace or another magistrate at the birthplace or place of domicile
- Certificate of death of the mother and father, if necessary, where one of the couple to be married is a minor
- Certificate of death of the husband or wife in the case of a widow or widower remarrying
- Certificate of consent signed in the presence of a notary by the father or mother who will not be present in person at the wedding where one of the couple to be married is a minor
- Certificate of granting of a divorce in the case of a husband or wife whose first marriage has been dissolved
- Translation of foreign documents submitted, being countersigned by the consuls of the country or countries of which the couple to be married are subjects
- The customary certificate issued by these same consuls
- Certificate of publication of the marriage banns and of no caveat being entered if one of the couple to be married does not live in the Principality or has not resided for one month without a break on the date of publication laid down by the law, which is obligatory
- If a marriage contract has been made, the couple to be married must produce the certificate of the notary who received it (the marriage settlement used in Monaco is that under which husband and wife administer their separate properties)
Unlock Members only contents
Our membership offers you access to the member’s only content of the Living in Monaco website. The membership gives you immediate access, and you can cancel your subscription at any time.
Already a member with a valid subscription?
Monaco residence permit
With 10 years of local experience, we offer unparalleled guidance for new residents in the Principality of Monaco.
We can help you and your family to settle, to find a school, to register your car, and to feel at home in Monaco from the very first day.
Bank account opening
Through our trusted and Government authorised Monaco bank we are able to offer exceptional banking services. It is a unique opportunity to open private, corporate and trust accounts, both for Monaco residents and non-Monaco residents.
We can help you to establish your business in the Principality of Monaco in the most efficient way. We can help you to identify the right corporate structure, to find the desired office space, and to implement your branding and revenue strategy to the local business scenery.
Marketing & Brand awareness
Thanks to our exclusive partners, including the branding and marketing strategists, we can offer you online, printed and luxury television campaigns, reaching our every household and hotels in Monaco.